Thursday, February 7, 2008

Visitors.

Hey everyone!

On Friday the 1st, Ali's pen-pal from Kansas (Elizabeth) and her brother (Noah) came up! Someone had to meet them west of Chicago because their brother-in-law has some relatives in Chicago that he was going to visit. Ali and Mom went to pick them up. Ike and Zack had a B-Ball game that night so everyone except Mom and Ali went to their game. But Noah surprised Ike and Zack and didn't tell them that he was coming (no one in our family had met Noah before this except Ali). They got here really late on Friday. I was asleep when they did. They said it was like 11 or 12, I think. But Ali said that she and Lizzy didn't get to bed tell about 3:00 a.m. 'cuz they were talking. Then on Saturday we went to the Golden Corral restaurant. Then came home and taught Noah how to square dance. We had already taught Lizzy before. We weren't able to do all of the moves, but taught him what we could. Then Saturday night we went to a square dance. Sunday morning Noah woke up and it was hard for him to talk so he had to whisper. Then in the late morning and early afternoon Ali took Noah and Lizzy to the farm were my Dad works and she cleaned and gave them a tour of the farm. When they came home Noah could talk better. Then on Monday we were going to go see National Treasure 2 in the theater at 3:45, but we found out that there was probably going to be a really bad storm. So Lizzy and Noah had to leave to go to Illinois to meet their brother-in-law and sister. It was sad that they had to leave early. Well, we got some pictures of their visit (almost every night they would stay up after midnight!).


While we were teaching Noah how to square dance, he and Zack got into a little wrestling match.

Princess Elizabeth!

Princess Elsie with her guards Noah and Grace.

Noah, Ike, Zack and me played poker, and Noah was able to hold the chip holders with his eyes!

They wore shades so that people couldn't see their expressions. But with Zack's glasses, they reflected, so you could see his cards when he would hold them close to his eyes!

Well, gotta go now,
Love, Aleks

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

0h-- we had such a good time at your house, Aleks!! Noah is going to die when I show him the pictures you posted!! Too funny! Mom thought they were all hilarious though!! :)
Awwww....I miss you guys!! Tell everyone hi for me, and give Ali a BIG hug for me!! (You can hit Ike and Zack a couple yellow cars for me too. :))
~Lizzie

Iron sharpeneth iron......Prov. 27:17 said...

oh and that 'almost every night they stayed up past midnight' shouls be EVERY night!! :) What a blast!! :)

--aleks k. said...

Ha! Your right! It was every night that you did!!!:p LOL

Anonymous said...

ARG!!! I just typed a REALLY LONG COMMENT and it got deleted!!! I'll try to remember what I said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast with Noah & Elizabeth up here! That must have been so fun. The dance was fun! Noah did a really good job for just learning that afternoon!
The snow storm was really bad! Are you talking about the one on Wednesday? Cuz here, we got like, a foot of snow! It was drifting a lot, too. Our high school youth group that me & Alex go to at church was cancelled. :(
Did you guys go see National Treasure 2? It was SO good!!! I went to see it 2 days after it came out in theaters and I had a fun time. :)

No, my whole family doesn't stay up that late. I usually stay up late though, like, I go to bed between 12:00 and 2:00am. lol Amy is usually up with me, but everyone else is sleeping by then! Sometimes my parents are up later, too, but that's not as usual. Part of the reason we shoveled so late is because we were already up, so it was easier to function between 11:15-12:45ish shoveling that it would have been to get up early and shovel at 5am! I am so NOT a early morning person...I love staying up late though! LOL

Well, I'm sure I forgot some of the stuff I was going to say, but oh well. >:(

Love ya!
Allison

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was way long! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah. I was going to say I like the pictures! That is so funny that Zack's shades reflected the cards!!! Did he still wear them? lol ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, he still wore them!! But he didn't hold his cards close. Once I looked over at him and you could see his cards!!! But I didn't see what they were.

No we weren't able to go the National Treasure 2 in the theater. The shows were 1:00, 3:45, 6:45 and 9:30. We were going to go to the 3:45 one but since they had to leave at like 2:00 or 2:30, so we weren't able to go! And Ali, Ike and Zack got home at like 7:30 to 8:00 so we didn't go. I hope we can go sometime! If not we'll just wait tell it comes out on DVD.

Well, gotta go now. Ali is at the Siegmanns today.

Love,
Aleks